Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on January 30, 2020, 04:38:29 am
-
This photo was shot in Tuscany in May 2019 on a nice day with fog. You will also notice that I included the farm in the fog which i normally would not do, but in this case I felt it was a nice addition. Would you agree?
(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49458914668_d705b1283b_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2imvSd5)Tuscany landscape with fog (https://flic.kr/p/2imvSd5) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
-
Fantastic and the silos look much better with the fog!
Bravo, Hans.
-
The layering of the fog, which the Tuscan hills greatly assist, works really well here.
I love it.
-
Splendid stuff, Hans. Well done!
-
Thanks guys :)
-
Clone it out, pretty please!
You just single-handedly ruined my idyllic idea about Tuscany. From now on, that word for me will always invoke images of McDonalds and American-style industrial farming.
😉
-
Clone it out, pretty please!
You just single-handedly ruined my idyllic idea about Tuscany. From now on, that word for me will always invoke images of McDonalds and American-style industrial farming.
😉
Slobodan,
Thanks for your probably very honest comment :) I would not clone it out, just not shoot it, if I didn't want the farm stuff in there. When I talk with ordinary people (meaning non photographers!) they often say it is so beautiful in Tuscany and that you can point the camera anywhere and get a beautiful shot, ..... I just kind of hesitate for a moment and say: Well yes, it probably looks that way when you drive around in the landscape, but as soon as you put a camera in front of your eyes and look at the scenery, then things are very different. There is sooo much to avoid. I mostly shoot with at least a 70-200 or 24-70 at the long end to select what I find beautiful or a scenerery that fits together in a composition that I like. Actually my favorite lens is my 100-400mm Canon lens.
After that they look at me in disbelief and I'm not sure what they think :) But anyway that's my opinion about this place. Just wires and poles all over the place makes me think they should put all this underground as we do in our nordic countries.
-
I like it.
-
The farm buildings/structures "sit" in a static vertical line, right on top of the villa (which is nicely situated in your frame with the row of Poplars) - making the viewer look at one, then the other, then the other. Not sure the frame is successful on it's own - but not as successful a pictorial structure with those upper buildings...they're distracting.
-
Thanks again for the comments :)