Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on January 11, 2020, 09:25:48 pm

Title: Kootenay River
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 11, 2020, 09:25:48 pm
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: RMW on January 11, 2020, 10:16:25 pm
Very enchanting.
Real and surreal.
Delicate and strong.
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 11, 2020, 10:39:22 pm
Can you locate the image more precisely?  I live alongside the Kootenay River.

Wherever, it's lovely.  Very peaceful.
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: Bob_B on January 12, 2020, 07:57:18 am
Very enchanting.
Real and surreal.
Delicate and strong.

+1
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: brandtb on January 12, 2020, 08:59:24 am
Not a strong image graphically  - but has nice atmosphere/clouds. Real problem is the "bright white spot" in lower left corner of frame? It small enough not to be important to the whole -  but most importantly the eye is drawn immediately to it as the rest of the frame is "essentially" a fairly even field of wan dark "gray" tonality. Not sure if directing the viewer "out of the frame" is useful generally in an image like this.
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 12, 2020, 09:09:48 am
Not a strong image graphically  - but has nice atmosphere/clouds. Real problem is the "bright white spot" in lower left corner of frame? It small enough not to be important to the whole -  but most importantly the eye is drawn immediately to it as the rest of the frame is "essentially" a fairly even field of wan dark "gray" tonality. Not sure if directing the viewer "out of the frame" is useful generally in an image like this.

+1

I like the brooding, dark atmosphere, though.
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: sdwilsonsct on January 12, 2020, 10:02:02 pm
...Real problem is the "bright white spot" in lower left corner of frame? ...

Agreed. Perhaps I'll crop out the band of snow. It's there to include the bottom bright spot reflection.

Peter, I'm in Nelson. You?

Thanks to all for your comments.
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: Peter McLennan on January 12, 2020, 10:45:36 pm
Peter, I'm in Nelson. You?

Creston.  :)
Title: Re: Kootenay River
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 13, 2020, 04:12:58 am
I like it.