Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on January 11, 2020, 09:49:57 am

Title: Scottish Mountains
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 11, 2020, 09:49:57 am
Scottish on Isle of Skye. There are so many angles on these islands.



(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49367394226_1df39b8c8d_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2idqNnq)Scottish Mountains (https://flic.kr/p/2idqNnq) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: RSL on January 11, 2020, 10:06:10 am
More fine work. Bravo, Hans.
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 11, 2020, 08:24:14 pm
More fine work. Bravo, Hans.
Yes indeed.
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 12, 2020, 12:10:32 pm
Thanks very much for the comments.
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: kers on January 12, 2020, 01:00:39 pm
Was there a long time ago... Indeed a beautiful island!
The misty weather sometimes blocks all view; when I came there I saw nothing; next day: everything ! - as in a fairy tale.
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on January 12, 2020, 02:59:32 pm
Was there a long time ago... Indeed a beautiful island!
The misty weather sometimes blocks all view; when I came there I saw nothing; next day: everything ! - as in a fairy tale.

Yes that is the Isle of Skye for you kers, one day the wind and rain will take your breath away and the next day the gobsmacking views will take your breath away.

I used to tell my workshop people, that if they'd heard of the old story that in some places on the planet you can get all four seasons in a day, well here on Skye, you can sometimes get them all in under an hour and that is why it is just so good for photography up here and why I moved here.

Nice shot by the way Hans, I would guess you were stood on the right side of the old bridge at Sligachan, next to that small reflective lochan when you took that shot. In fact every shot you show me from Skye (which are all really good BTW) I feel as though I could probably take you back to the exact blade of grass you were stood on when you took it.

Excellent  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 13, 2020, 04:14:58 am
True weather.
Title: Re: Scottish Mountains
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 13, 2020, 06:02:21 am
Yes that is the Isle of Skye for you kers, one day the wind and rain will take your breath away and the next day the gobsmacking views will take your breath away.

I used to tell my workshop people, that if they'd heard of the old story that in some places on the planet you can get all four seasons in a day, well here on Skye, you can sometimes get them all in under an hour and that is why it is just so good for photography up here and why I moved here.

Nice shot by the way Hans, I would guess you were stood on the right side of the old bridge at Sligachan, next to that small reflective lochan when you took that shot. In fact every shot you show me from Skye (which are all really good BTW) I feel as though I could probably take you back to the exact blade of grass you were stood on when you took it.

Excellent  ;)

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'm sure you don't need a GPS tracklogger :) I did have mine recording, but the logger did not work on that shoot so no GPS coordinates for this shot, but you are pretty much spot on. It was shot close to the picture attached and this is on the road leading into the stream on the road towards Dunvegan. It is weather like this that Isle of Skye really shines. I think I only had blue sky once one my many trips. I could almost not recognize the place :)