Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Hans Kruse on January 08, 2020, 11:24:16 am

Title: Scottish Landscape
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 08, 2020, 11:24:16 am
Shot on Isle of Skye on my last workshop there in September 2019.

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49351710526_3194919b44_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2ic3q9N)Scottish landscape (https://flic.kr/p/2ic3q9N) by Hans Kruse (https://www.flickr.com/photos/hkruse/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 09, 2020, 02:10:27 am
The weather was Scottish too  ;) ;)

Thierry
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 09, 2020, 03:30:31 am
The weather was Scottish too  ;) ;)

Nonsense! Sunshine and no rain Scottish?

Nice shot, though.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 09, 2020, 03:49:12 am
Very nice.
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 09, 2020, 08:11:52 am
Very nice.
+1.
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: kers on January 10, 2020, 06:58:13 am
I like it, but there is something about the contrast in the far away part that I find a bit unnatural... maybe a bit too much local contrast...
( but that is me)
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 10, 2020, 09:24:27 am
Thanks for the comments. Kers, are you looking at the preview as shown in the thread or are you looking at the Flickr page? For me it looks as I intended on the Flickr page. Natural or not.
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: kers on January 10, 2020, 10:23:41 am
Hans, I see a white line along the mountains- ( oversharpening with downsampling) on both... so that

and too my mind the distant mountains 'should be' more vague/softer...to make it more natural..
again- it is my taste... and maybe your photo reflects the reality apart from the sharpening...

Pieter Kers

Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: Hans Kruse on January 10, 2020, 12:31:55 pm
Hans, I see a white line along the mountains- ( oversharpening with downsampling) on both... so that

and too my mind the distant mountains 'should be' more vague/softer...to make it more natural..
again- it is my taste... and maybe your photo reflects the reality apart from the sharpening...

Pieter Kers

I'm sorry Kers., but I don't see the line you refer to. The Flickr upload from Lightroom has sharpening for screen at standard and I never see any oversharpening at that setting.
Title: Re: Scottish Landscape
Post by: langier on January 10, 2020, 08:38:56 pm
Another nice one, Hans!