Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on January 04, 2020, 06:26:57 am
-
Morning Creep...
Peter
-
Morning Creep...
Peter
Creep it is, could be evening as well. Like it
-
Good stuff, Peter.
-
Creepy for sure. Good work Peter. Lovely composition. Good all round in my opinion.
-
Creepy for sure. Good work Peter. Lovely composition. Good all round in my opinion.
Thanks Martin, Ivo, and Russ...I appreciate your comments.
Peter
-
I like it, too, Peter.
-
Thanks Eric...sometimes the view outside of one's own window is all that is needed.
Peter
-
Peter, you disappoint me: I thought you lived deep in the forest!
You know what my first impression was? I thought of Sally Mann (which for some reason I find myself doing quite a lot these days) and how this would have turned out using her wet collodion tricks.
It's the tonality, I guess, that switched on that thought.
Have you any pictues made in Sicily?
Rob
-
Peter, you disappoint me: I thought you lived deep in the forest!
You know what my first impression was? I thought of Sally Mann (which for some reason I find myself doing quite a lot these days) and how this would have turned out using her wet collodion tricks.
It's the tonality, I guess, that switched on that thought.
Have you any pictures made in Sicily?
Rob
-
Peter, you disappoint me: I thought you lived deep in the forest!
You know what my first impression was? I thought of Sally Mann (which for some reason I find myself doing quite a lot these days) and how this would have turned out using her wet collodion tricks.
It's the tonality, I guess, that switched on that thought.
Have you any pictures made in Sicily?
Rob
Hi Rob,
Sadly no pictures from Sicily...I have never been there. However I do intend to remedy that sooner then later.
My Dad was bore there and came to the US as an infant.
For His sixtieth birthday, I gave him and my mom a two week trip to Italy. It was a tour package with one week spent in Sicily. They were able to break off from the tour and visited their ancestral home. My Grandmother's sister and family were living there. She was seventy-two, and the last time she saw my dad, she was a twelve year old girl.
My dad slept in the room where he was born. I get emotional thinking of this.....
So one day I shall visit ...with my Kids in tow.
Peter
-
The sooner the better, Peter. You don't want to put something like that off. I put off a chance to go back to Southeast Asia and make a boat trip up the Mekong. Then it was too late. I'll always regret that.
-
The sooner the better, Peter. You don't want to put something like that off. I put off a chance to go back to Southeast Asia and make a boat trip up the Mekong. Then it was too late. I'll always regret that.
You are right, Russ. I intend to do this in the next year. First I need to heal. I had neck disc replacement surgery just before Christmas and so far I am doing well...This year is a healing and focusing year for me. I look forward to the up and coming. I always have and will.
Thanks for your most welcomed advice.
Peter