Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on January 03, 2020, 05:36:17 pm
-
Nothing beats the stark beauty of Iceland in winter, and the expressive power of long exposures definitely helps in creating a special mood. Vik's Spirit, 323 seconds of exposure with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt Hitech Filters Firecrest Ultra filters.
(https://www.vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/X1D1_01836.jpg)
Thank you for viewing, best regards
Vieri
-
Vieri,
This foto is archetypal.
Congratulations.
But I must ask you, how do you survive out there ?
Richard
-
I'll bet he bundles up.
This is very fine, Vieri.
-
Really fantastic. I like how physically small the stacks are in the frame but their "presence" is huge!
Well seen.
-
Truly excellent! I was there a couple of years ago, but at the height of summer. It was very different!!
-
Tolkiennesque. Truly great.
-
Nice shot of a beautiful scene!
-
Vieri,
This foto is archetypal.
Congratulations.
But I must ask you, how do you survive out there ?
Richard
Thank you very much indeed Richard, much appreciated! :)
I'll bet he bundles up.
This is very fine, Vieri.
Thank you very much Eric, glad you enjoyed it! :)
About the survival part, well, thankfully cold weather clothing technology went a long way... nowadays it's pretty easy to stay warm without having to bundle up top much and without having to carry a lot of weight on you as well ;)
Really fantastic. I like how physically small the stacks are in the frame but their "presence" is huge!
Well seen.
Thank you very much Francois, glad you enjoyed the composition here! :)
Truly excellent! I was there a couple of years ago, but at the height of summer. It was very different!!
Than you very much indeed Peter! :) Yes, I love Iceland in winter - so much different than summer.
Tolkiennesque. Truly great.
Thank you very much Paulo, that is much appreciated indeed :)
Nice shot of a beautiful scene!
Thank you Matt! :)
Best regards,
Vieri