Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Daverich on January 02, 2020, 05:18:24 pm

Title: XRD Software Update
Post by: Daverich on January 02, 2020, 05:18:24 pm
Starting two or three weeks ago I noticed an application running in my dock (Mac OSX 10.14) called XRD Software Update. A Google search reveals people asking about it a number of years ago connecting it to X-Rite but no discussions recently. It's buried several folders deep in X-Rite support. I do have i1Profiler and use that for creating printer profiles although I use Spectraview ll for my monitor. The date on it and something called X-Rite Device Services in the same folder is Dec 7, 2019. The Google search seems to reveal it's nothing to worry about but I don't have any idea why it suddenly showed up as apparently it's been around for years. It doesn't appear to be running as a startup item so I'm not sure where it's coming from. If I close it the app runs again when I restart. Anyone have any thought on what's going on? Thanks.
Title: Re: XRD Software Update
Post by: digitaldog on January 02, 2020, 06:37:38 pm
Useless and used for connectively of devices on the fly. You probably upgraded i1P and it reinstalled it and loaded it.
Title: Re: XRD Software Update
Post by: Daverich on January 02, 2020, 06:44:36 pm
Useless and used for connectively of devices on the fly. You probably upgraded i1P and it reinstalled it and loaded it.

That sounds about right, I think I did upgrade i1P. Is it something I can delete?
Title: Re: XRD Software Update
Post by: digitaldog on January 02, 2020, 06:47:05 pm
I seem to recall I turned it off as a menu item but I don't think you can totally delete it.
Title: Re: XRD Software Update
Post by: Daverich on January 03, 2020, 11:57:34 am
I seem to recall I turned it off as a menu item but I don't think you can totally delete it.

Thanks for your help.