Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on January 01, 2020, 09:42:32 am

Title: Gray Reflections
Post by: Bob_B on January 01, 2020, 09:42:32 am
Happy New Year! Here's one from a week ago. I'm happy to hear your thoughts, and thanks for viewing.
Title: Re: Gray Reflections 1
Post by: Bob_B on January 01, 2020, 11:17:42 am
second in the series
Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: Bob_B on January 01, 2020, 11:29:01 am
the third in the series
Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2020, 11:52:43 am
Interesting set.
I keep coming back to the first, because the interactions between the fat one on the left and the others keeps sending me an ambiguous but intriguing message.
Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 01, 2020, 01:02:50 pm
The 3rd is partly ruined by something that looks like a contrail.

I like the first best, and than the 2nd which is more "abstract", and could be cropped, but don't know how exactly.

Thierry

Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: Bob_B on January 01, 2020, 04:14:47 pm
Interesting set.
I keep coming back to the first, because the interactions between the fat one on the left and the others keeps sending me an ambiguous but intriguing message.

Thanks Eric. I placed them in order of my preference.
Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: Bob_B on January 01, 2020, 04:16:40 pm
The 3rd is partly ruined by something that looks like a contrail...

Thierry

Thanks Thierry. I chose the third one because of the contrail and its line paralleling the branch. I liked that symmetry, but it obviously isn't for everyone.
Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 01, 2020, 09:30:11 pm
The second one is beautiful and is my pick of the 3, followed by #1.

Title: Re: Gray Reflections
Post by: Bob_B on January 02, 2020, 07:32:35 am
Thanks Rajan. I too like the 2nd for its fractal nature.