Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: MattBurt on December 31, 2019, 12:54:47 pm

Title: More river ice
Post by: MattBurt on December 31, 2019, 12:54:47 pm
Looks like it may completely freeze over in a lot of places this winter.
I was visited by a couple of police officers while shooting these. Someone saw me from the road and called in a reckless photographer on the ice putting public swiftwater rescue funds at risk. I feel like I know this ice pretty well and generally stay over shallow areas in case it fails anyway. The cops bought my story and left me alone, not that I was breaking any laws in the first place. I guess I appreciate the concern for my welfare.
I made it back home alive and dry. :)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49302474713_03720c46b5_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2i7G54t)

(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49302961991_7c63a88cc9_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2i7JyUP)
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: PeterAit on December 31, 2019, 03:49:34 pm
Beautiful! You have done a great job of keeping the sky and ice looking realistic.
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: MattBurt on January 01, 2020, 01:04:23 am
Beautiful! You have done a great job of keeping the sky and ice looking realistic.

Thanks!
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 01, 2020, 03:55:43 pm
You do good Ice, Matt!
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 01, 2020, 09:37:50 pm
The second image is wonderful.
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 02, 2020, 05:07:02 am
Good ones.
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: francois on January 02, 2020, 06:28:26 am
Excellent shots, I like the pink colored sky and ice. I'm glad that you didn't take a dip ;-)
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: MattBurt on January 02, 2020, 01:53:13 pm
You do good Ice, Matt!

Thanks! I get a lot of opportunities to practice. :)

The second image is wonderful.

Thank you, I loved the ice/slush vortex as well, slowly rotating from the current.

Good ones.

Thanks Paulo

Excellent shots, I like the pink colored sky and ice. I'm glad that you didn't take a dip ;-)

Thanks, I'm also happy I didn't go in. Temps were in the single digits!
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: Arlen on January 05, 2020, 04:38:02 pm
The second image is wonderful.

Totally agree, a captivating shot of a beautiful and quite rare ice circle.
Title: Re: More river ice
Post by: Bob_B on January 06, 2020, 09:51:00 am
The second image is wonderful.
Agreed.