Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: [email protected] on December 29, 2019, 05:35:26 am

Title: canon pro 1000 and hahnemuehle photo Matee Fiber issues
Post by: [email protected] on December 29, 2019, 05:35:26 am
Hi, I, m Olga from Italy. I am new too printing. I just bought a Canon pro-1000 and starting printing on A4 from Photoshop on an Hahnemeuehle photo matte fibre and the system asked me to use the manual feed.. the print came out with a vertical white band towards the end (the printer starting to make a strange cracking noise) and the last two corners where almost teared and with black ink.
What is the problem? some settings or the printer has an issue?By the way it already has an issue with the power cable since if it's plugged id doesn't start up. I have to unplug, wait a few minutes , replug it and that it gets On
Any idea?
Thanks a lot
Title: Re: canon pro 1000 and hahnemuehle photo Matee Fiber issues
Post by: Panagiotis on December 29, 2019, 05:59:14 am
Hi, I, m Olga from Italy. I am new too printing. I just bought a Canon pro-1000 and starting printing on A4 from Photoshop on an Hahnemeuehle photo matte fibre and the system asked me to use the manual feed.. the print came out with a vertical white band towards the end (the printer starting to make a strange cracking noise) and the last two corners where almost teared and with black ink.
What is the problem? some settings or the printer has an issue?By the way it already has an issue with the power cable since if it's plugged id doesn't start up. I have to unplug, wait a few minutes , replug it and that it gets On
Any idea?
Thanks a lot

What settings did you use in the printer driver? What was the paper type? Was it "Highest Density Fine Art Paper"? How is the printer connected to the computer? Start with a cable (usb/ethernet) and avoid wifi for the moment.
Title: Re: canon pro 1000 and hahnemuehle photo Matee Fiber issues
Post by: [email protected] on December 29, 2019, 07:38:51 am
yes I used the hahnemuehle recommendations so it's "His density Fine art Paper" Quality Highest and the head's heights at default's Low. I only use the connection with USB cable.
By the way I don't understand what the settings of the head mean.. (low, standard etc) how and in which situations I should select a  different setting
Thank you
Title: Re: canon pro 1000 and hahnemuehle photo Matee Fiber issues
Post by: Panagiotis on December 29, 2019, 09:09:35 am
yes I used the hahnemuehle recommendations so it's "His density Fine art Paper" Quality Highest and the head's heights at default's Low. I only use the connection with USB cable.
By the way I don't understand what the settings of the head mean.. (low, standard etc) how and in which situations I should select a  different setting
Thank you

The head height should not be "low". Leave the head height setting at "Printer Default".