Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on December 24, 2019, 07:07:21 am

Title: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: petermfiore on December 24, 2019, 07:07:21 am
A very Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to my family LuLa family...

Peter



A painting from my series  "The White Pine Suite"
Rising Sun 36"X36" Oil/Panel
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: RSL on December 24, 2019, 07:12:30 am
A fine catch, Peter. Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah to you and to all LuLa posters.
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: petermfiore on December 24, 2019, 07:21:09 am
A fine catch, Peter. Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah to you and to all LuLa posters.

Thanks Russ. I happy you like my painting.

Peter
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: KLaban on December 24, 2019, 07:29:13 am
Superb, Peter.

And seasons greetings to all.
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: RSL on December 24, 2019, 08:20:46 am
Thanks Russ. I happy you like my painting.

Peter

I do. It's a fine catch. Just like Degas and "L'Absynthe".
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: petermfiore on December 24, 2019, 08:25:47 am
I do. It's a fine catch. Just like Degas and "L'Absynthe".

Ah...I like that!

Peter
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: petermfiore on December 24, 2019, 08:33:37 am
Superb, Peter.

And seasons greetings to all.

Thank you, Kieth.

Peter
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: RSL on December 24, 2019, 09:41:33 am
Ah...I like that!

Peter

The story about "L'Absinthe" that always cracks me up is the one Brettell told in "From Monet to Van Gogh." Brettell was teaching art to a high school class. He put "L'Absinthe" up on the screen and asked "What's going on here?" There was a long quiet pause until one boy said, "She's stoned." Which is exactly right.
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: petermfiore on December 24, 2019, 10:58:32 am
The story about "L'Absinthe" that always cracks me up is the one Brettell told in "From Monet to Van Gogh." Brettell was teaching art to a high school class. He put "L'Absinthe" up on the screen and asked "What's going on here?" There was a long quiet pause until one boy said, "She's stoned." Which is exactly right.

That's how good that painting was made. It captured truth...

Peter
Title: Re: Rising Sun.....Merry Christmas
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 24, 2019, 01:29:18 pm
The painting is gorgeous. I will keep coming back to it.

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to you, too, and to all of the LuLa gang.