Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: MarkWelsh on November 27, 2006, 04:15:27 am

Title: First Shots: Zeiss ZF25mm
Post by: MarkWelsh on November 27, 2006, 04:15:27 am
As far as I know, the first comparative test shots of the new Zeiss ZF 25mm f2.8 have just been published at 16:9 here . . . (http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests)

They have been extracted from a larger sample review published by a Flickr member who had several days hands-on time with sample 000009 directly from Zeiss in Germany. It was tested against a number of other lenses, notably the 24mm AF and 24mm f2 AIS which until now have been the best available to Nikon users.

Despite occasional focusing imperfections, I think we can see enough to have very high expectations of the ZF25 when production versions become available in December/January. Unlike the ZF85, it appears to offer significant performance benefits over the nearest Nikon equivalent.
Title: First Shots: Zeiss ZF25mm
Post by: Quentin on November 27, 2006, 03:56:35 pm
In my Contax days I used to own a Zeiss 25mm on which this design is no doubt heavily based.  It was and is a superb lens.  I wonder about edge performance on a full-frame Koda 14nx I own.  Should be great!

Quentin