Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: stevenfr on December 19, 2019, 02:44:25 pm

Title: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 19, 2019, 02:44:25 pm
Two ravens on a branch in the Smoky Mountains. I was really fortunate I got this image. I didn't realize the birds were in my shot until I looked up and the flew away. This frame was part of a pano stitch. This is one frame of the six image stitch. I was very fortunate to get the birds, and for the prefect framing as I was shooting across. Camera Phase One XF IQ4 150/
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 19, 2019, 07:32:08 pm
Nice.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: francois on December 20, 2019, 04:37:36 am
Beautiful image and yes, you've been lucky. Ravens don't like to have something like a camera pointing at them. Other than the birds, the shot is stunning with all those small colors leaves.
Bravo.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 20, 2019, 06:07:53 pm
Thank you Eric and Francois for the kind feedback.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: praja343 on December 26, 2019, 11:57:35 am
lovely image of fall colors. would like to see the whole pano.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 26, 2019, 12:13:20 pm
Thank you praja343. Attached the pano.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 26, 2019, 01:19:23 pm
Even just as a context for the ravens, I think I prefer the pano.
Very nice.

Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 26, 2019, 01:45:01 pm
Thank you Eric. I agree the pano is more interesting and it would probably sell better than the non pano.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: praja343 on December 26, 2019, 03:05:21 pm
The pano is a very nice image also. I prefer the first two thirds of the pano starting from the left. Most of the interest is there - for me at least.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 26, 2019, 03:26:35 pm
Praja343 I agree most of the interest is in the first part of the image. However, panos sell, so its good to have both options.

you can see the entire shoot if you like

https://www.friedmanphoto.com/p779703425 (https://www.friedmanphoto.com/p779703425)
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: praja343 on December 26, 2019, 03:51:13 pm
Thanks for the link. Your gallery has many outstanding images. Where are "The Horns"?
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 26, 2019, 03:57:20 pm
I am not sure which image is "The Horns"? Do you want to screen capture it and post it.
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: praja343 on December 26, 2019, 06:15:51 pm
My guess is Chile/Patagonia
Title: Re: Two ravens Autumn Trees
Post by: stevenfr on December 26, 2019, 09:07:41 pm
Yes its Chile. Its a two minute exposure on a Horseman panoramic film camera.