Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: spotmeter on November 26, 2006, 11:34:09 pm

Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: spotmeter on November 26, 2006, 11:34:09 pm
I have two LaCie Photon Blue CRT's that get dirty, and nothing I have tried cleans them without leaving streaks (they seem to have some kind of coating on the glass).  I have tried damp cloths, Windex, and Eclipse, but they all leave streaks.

Any recommendations?
Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: Bill Koenig on November 27, 2006, 02:31:16 pm
Quote
I have two LaCie Photon Blue CRT's that get dirty, and nothing I have tried cleans them without leaving streaks (they seem to have some kind of coating on the glass).  I have tried damp cloths, Windex, and Eclipse, but they all leave streaks.

Any recommendations?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=87298\")

Check out this link. This is the BEST cleaner I've ever used, and its not just for LCD's it works great on CRT's as well.

BTW, never use Windex, it can harm the anti reflective coating

[a href=\"http://www.pixelclean.com/]http://www.pixelclean.com/[/url]
Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: francois on November 28, 2006, 03:15:20 am
I use Monster iClean screen cleaner (http://www.monstercable.com/productPagePrint.asp?pin=2105) on my LCD's.
Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: GerardK on November 28, 2006, 03:39:21 am
There's a company, German I believe, called Kärcher who makes a decent line of reliable products. Last week I caught a bad cold and sneezed all over my monitor. I called in the experts, and they did a great job; see attached picture.



[attachment=1253:attachment]




Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu (http://www.kingma.nu)
Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: francois on November 28, 2006, 07:47:41 am
Quote
There's a company, German I believe, called Kärcher who makes a decent line of reliable products. Last week I caught a bad cold and sneezed all over my monitor. I called in the experts, and they did a great job; see attached picture.
[attachment=1253:attachment]
Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu (http://www.kingma.nu)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=87501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
FWIW, Kärcher works beauifully to clean image sensors (CCD and CMOS).

        Just kidding of course!

 
Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: GerardK on November 28, 2006, 02:15:08 pm
Yes Francois, Michael must have missed this one at Photokina otherwise he would have done a videoblog about it.


[attachment=1257:attachment]




Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu (http://www.kingma.nu)
Title: Cleaning monitor screen
Post by: GerardK on November 28, 2006, 02:20:42 pm
Sorry Spotmeter, I just couldn't resist. Seriously, I have a Samsung CRT which I clean regularly with a tissue with the most ordinary 85% household methylated spirits. Just breathe over the screen afterwards to fog it up and wipe off any residue. It doesn't affect the antiglare coating.



Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu (http://www.kingma.nu)