Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: stevenfr on December 16, 2019, 01:01:09 pm

Title: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: stevenfr on December 16, 2019, 01:01:09 pm
Morning Fog in The Smoky Mountains. Camera Phase One XF IQ4 150.

Steven
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 16, 2019, 03:48:26 pm
Just lovely.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: sdwilsonsct on December 16, 2019, 08:47:21 pm
Inspiring.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 17, 2019, 05:56:33 am
Good one.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: stamper on December 17, 2019, 09:06:18 am
Amazing.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: stevenfr on December 17, 2019, 10:57:33 am
Thank you all for the kind feedback.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: brandtb on December 18, 2019, 08:32:20 am
Very nice
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: francois on December 18, 2019, 09:04:41 am
Yes, superb shot. I like how the fog makes the bark look almost shiny/wet. The small leaves are reminiscent of pointillist paintings.

Bravo, Steven!
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: stevenfr on December 18, 2019, 11:42:59 pm
Thank you Brandt and Francois. The fog really sets the off the foreground trees.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 21, 2019, 04:19:11 pm
There is a very nice peaceful feel to this image, which probably needs to be printed huge to fully appreciate.

Dave
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: stevenfr on December 21, 2019, 04:30:55 pm
Thanks Dave. I will be printing 43” x 57” in the new year.
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 22, 2019, 06:12:55 am
Thanks Dave. I will be printing 43” x 57” in the new year.
I'd love to see that print. Any shows planned near Boston?
Title: Re: Autumn Forest and Fog
Post by: stevenfr on December 22, 2019, 09:37:36 am
Thank you Eric. No plans for the Boston area. I will be in San Francisco for a talk and show in February, than the Canadian Rockies for a show and talk in March. I am shooting dogwood trees in April.