Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: mseawell on December 16, 2019, 12:26:45 pm

Title: In the wild of the morning
Post by: mseawell on December 16, 2019, 12:26:45 pm
I think what brings me back each morning is the wonder. No day is the same, no moment like the other. That can be frustrating sometimes, true, but the fruit from the effort is worth the early rise. Antelope Island, especially in my humble opinion, is at its best during the months of October and November. The light is extraordinary whether in the morning or evening. No bugs to bother you and this quiet that invokes peace. So here I am once again...in the wild of the morning.
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: MattBurt on December 16, 2019, 12:41:42 pm
That's a nice image. Mono works well for it and I really like the balance of elements and the patches of light and dark. Strong work.

I also feel the same about the wonder of it all. I've recently had a streak of conditions that were not what I was hoping for. But I still make a point to get out there and enjoy being out in nature even if it doesn't produce the image I wanted. Good for the soul.
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: mseawell on December 16, 2019, 12:48:44 pm
Thanks Matt! I've been some pretty dark times over the last two years. My motivation for doing photography was at an all time low, couldn't be bothered. But, I'm blessed with a wife who knew it was my therapy so she kept pushing for me to pick up the camera...thank God. And she was right.

M
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: RBFritz on December 16, 2019, 02:47:13 pm
Excellent!
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 16, 2019, 03:47:16 pm
Your recent offerings here on LuLa suggest the therapy is working very well.
They are well-seen and very expressive.
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 16, 2019, 04:04:03 pm
Fabulous! Arrangement of the elements, tonality, clarity (air), foreground, middle ground, background... it is all there. I am envious  ;)
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on December 16, 2019, 04:41:31 pm
Now that's a really cracker, I love it - Bravo!

Dave
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: RMW on December 16, 2019, 04:46:00 pm
Everything a foto can be !
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: armand on December 16, 2019, 05:46:47 pm
Nice! I was a little unsure about the left upper side, compared to the rest of the photo, but in the end I think it works very well.

I'll be in Salt Lake City this New Year and maybe I'll finally get to go there, so far I missed Antelope Island every time (3 times).
Title: Re: In the wild of the morning
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 17, 2019, 05:59:11 am
Excellent shot. One can almost breath in the atmosphere of the place.