Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: mtakeda on December 08, 2019, 08:59:03 pm
-
Can anyone teach me how to set the size of the image to the print paper size such as A4? In LR I can specify A4 as the custom size. Or I just uncheck “ zoom to fill” . Thank you.
-
I might add that my objective is to set the work space size to A4 and process the file within that size so I do not need to fit the image to A4 at the time of printing.
-
You can't directly set the size of an image in CO. This is because CO is a non-destructive raw processor, and actually changing the dimensions of an image would be a destructive change. The only place you can specify a specific image size is in an export recipe.
However, all you need to do to get the image ready for printing is to crop the image to same aspect ratio as A4, and then it fit paper when you print. Note, when you crop may show the pixel size, but that is based on the currrently selected export recipe and is not actually changing the size of the image internally.
-
Thank you and I will give it a try.
-
When I complete image editing in C1P, I then output the final image to a 16-bit TIFF to preserve all edits and sharpen for print. The TIFF can be resized, if necessary.
I only print up to 17" wide because that is the maximum width of my Epson P800 printer. My largest prints are 16"x20" on a 17"x22" cut sheet paper. I don't need to use upscaling apps as my Leica M10 and SL2 cameras have sufficient megapixels for my needs.
Regards,
Bud James
Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.