Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Mark Nadler on December 03, 2019, 11:12:45 pm

Title: American Kestrel
Post by: Mark Nadler on December 03, 2019, 11:12:45 pm
Comments welcomed.  Took this picture in South Florida.

mark

Title: Re: American Kestrel
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 09, 2019, 09:00:41 am
Just a tad more exposure and a bit less sharpening.
Title: Re: American Kestrel
Post by: Mark Nadler on December 09, 2019, 11:20:36 am
Thanks Chris.  I'll try it.

Mark
Title: Re: American Kestrel, Second attempt
Post by: Mark Nadler on December 09, 2019, 10:31:37 pm
Chris, when you told me then image was over sharpened I did see
some halo effects.  Thanks.  See if this this is better.

mark
Title: Re: American Kestrel
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 10, 2019, 01:33:03 am
It is...not sure what editing program you use, but if it is PS, then in the RAW editor, make sure you check the little icon that looks like a closed camera lens (leaf shutter) and click on both distortion and lens aberration to avoid the slight bluish lines I see around the fine feathers.
Title: Re: American Kestrel
Post by: Mark Nadler on December 10, 2019, 10:33:24 pm
Chris, I am using lightroom.  I did see some blue fringing that I think I got.  Thanks.

mark
Title: Re: American Kestrel
Post by: PeterAit on December 11, 2019, 09:59:15 am
Just a tad more exposure and a bit less sharpening.

I agree with Chris.