Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: plugsnpixels on December 02, 2019, 12:10:43 pm

Title: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: plugsnpixels on December 02, 2019, 12:10:43 pm
On Friday last week we had some of the best snow you can get in the local mountains!

Here are some unprocessed shots. The weekend was cloudy but today has some potential. Heading out soon...
Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: plugsnpixels on December 02, 2019, 12:12:06 pm
A couple more, including my extreme zoom trick...

Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: nirpat89 on December 02, 2019, 12:38:19 pm
Wonderful set....hopefully the fire season is over with.
Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: plugsnpixels on December 02, 2019, 12:51:11 pm
Thanks, I think it is for now!
Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: plugsnpixels on December 02, 2019, 07:04:08 pm
Today's view from home, though with half the snow left, not bad! From 30 miles away, not so good!
Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 02, 2019, 08:50:43 pm
Today's view from home, though with half the snow left, not bad! From 30 miles away, not so good!
That is a lovely juxtaposition of the Arctic and the Tropic.
Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: plugsnpixels on December 02, 2019, 09:05:47 pm
Thanks Eric! Here's another just for you ;-)

More rain coming Wednesday, maybe I'll get a new batch.
Title: Re: Winter comes to SoCal
Post by: plugsnpixels on December 05, 2019, 06:19:48 pm
Left for work today, the mountains were covered in clouds. By the time I got to work they cleared but I was 35 miles away from them...

With a little time left before a meeting, I got up on a parking garage with both the Nikon popper and Canon DSLR and got some nice pix.

While reviewing the results, I noticed a red "UFO" that appeared in shots taken with both cameras...