Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gjbloch on December 01, 2019, 01:06:28 pm
-
A new and bizarre problem printing from Lightroom. I printed a test print with a small paper size. All good so I want to print large but even though I change the paper size, checked all the setting multiple times it still prints the small size wasting a foot of paper each time.
I have printed many times and never seen this issue. Struggling to imagine what I have wrong.
I have restarted the printer and the computer.
Any suggestions? Is there a way to tell if its the printer or the computer?
Mac/Mojave, latest Lightroom CC classic, latest epson drivers
Epson 7900 has latest firmware
I am stuck.
-
Happens randomly to me too, no answer.
Print a 20x30 canvas print on my 9900 with a 24wx32h page size. The newest Lightroom Classic
Setup up the next print a 16x20 on a new 24wx18h page size and it prints the 16x20 image on the previous page size of 24x32.
Also happens on my P8000 which is configured for dye sublimation.
New iMac 5k with Mojave.
-
Thanks Dan. A real puzzle. Today is the first time in the 10 years that I've had the printer that this problem has occurred.
I was attempting to print a square print as close to 24x24 as possible, so I had .25 inch margins. It printed an 8x8 print centred in the 24x24 space.
I thought perhaps the margins where too small so I increased them to .5 inch left/right and 1 inch top/bottom. Still no dice. Same small print in the centre.
The scale print checkbox in the printer driver is unchecked.
-
Sounds different than my problem.
-
Not sure if this is the cause or not. But be aware you should never use a preset in the Epson print driver, it should always be set to "Default Settings" in the dropdown as all the other items it would normally be using is saved within the LR print template.
-
That I did not know, will check it out in the morning.
Thanks
-
Does anyone know how I could localize the problem to either the printer or the print pipeline on my mac?
I have previewed the print in Preview app at actual size and rough measurement shows it in the preview app at 23 inched across - the expected size.
Is that sufficient proof that the problem lies in the printer? Would it be better to print to pdf and then look at that at 100% or is that the same as Preview app.
thanks
Gerald
-
While I no longer have a 7900, I too had this problem off and on from 2012...in my final years, I think I figured it out (at least on the Mac)....in the Printer Settings Dialog, make sure you always show the "Default Settings" in the preferences so that the settings saved by LR override it. This would occasionally get set to some Preset (or maybe even I did it), which would then make the physical paper wrong.
I've deleted all my printer drivers so I can't go back and view the dialog screen....but I think this is the trick.
So, in LR ... set the page/roll size in [Page Setup], make sure [Print Settings] has Default Settings in the presets and then carry on from there.
If anybody has a 7900/9900 maybe they can post screen shots of the Print Settings to make sure I'm referencing this right.
Anyhow, after I finally found this and always made sure of it, I never had the mis-match again.
-
Thanks Jim and Andrew, you are both making the same suggestion. I will give it a try and let you know.
cheers
-
I just tried it and it made no difference. Still prints a small image in the middle of a large paper.
Attached images show the printer driver dialog set to default settings just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
Second image show the small size print in the middle of a lot of wasted paper :-\
-
I just tried it and it made no difference. Still prints a small image in the middle of a large paper.
Attached images show the printer driver dialog set to default settings just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
Second image show the small size print in the middle of a lot of wasted paper :-\
I'd start from scratch with a totally new, configured Print Template. Reset everything (with driver set to Default setting); page setup, etc.
-
:D Yay, that worked.
I deleted the print profile in light room,
I deleted and recreated the page size in the paper settings,
I set print driver to Default and
I unchecked the Finest Detail in the printer settings dialog in the driver.
Not sure which one did the trick but its now printing properly.
Thanks Andrew for the suggestions.
-
Now EXPORT that preset for the future and backup (or just remember to rebuild it if this happens again).
-
Now EXPORT that preset for the future and backup (or just remember to rebuild it if this happens again).
Worked for me too.
Thank You