Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: praja343 on November 28, 2019, 11:43:39 am
-
I want to print a "ghosted" image on a translucent (vellum?) or semi-transparent paper with the full color image following it on another sheet of luster or similar paper. These images will be bound in a book. So the expected effect will be a hint at the image to start with and when the sheet is turned, the image with its full effect. I did a search on this subject on the LULA forum and most of the info is years old and some of the links don't work. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions for the type of paper for the first "ghosted" image.
Thanks.
-
Paper would have to be so thin I"m not sure if any inkjet printer could handle it, so a plastic vellum might be your only option.
Are you wanting something like this?
https://www.amazon.com/Strathmore-59-803-Translucent-Vellum-Inkjet/dp/B000KNHRTE
-
As long as the inks don't run on the thin paper, the thinness of the paper could be handled by taping it to thicker sheet and then printing on it?
-
As long as the inks don't run on the thin paper, the thinness of the paper could be handled by taping it to thicker sheet and then printing on it?
Perhaps, as long as your printer can handle thick paper. Which printer are you using? Can you adjust the head height?
-
Here's another one: https://www.freedompaper.com/inkjet-vellum-paper
-
I am using an Epson 3880 where the head height can be adjusted.
-
Thanks Mearussi - I'll try the two and see how it works. I found some others from the Amazon link you sent. Should have looked there first but thanks for suggesting it.