Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 28, 2019, 11:32:59 am

Title: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 28, 2019, 11:32:59 am
A tad on the Kitschy side but it appealed to as much for its state of being as what I could imagine it looked like new.
Title: Re: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 28, 2019, 12:22:45 pm
I like it.
I'm a sucker for this kind of image.
Title: Re: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: RSL on November 28, 2019, 01:47:43 pm
Me too. Kitschy, but gives you a warm feeling.
Title: Re: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: Rob C on November 28, 2019, 02:06:26 pm
Me too. Kitschy, but gives you a warm feeling.


Surprised by that, Russ. I felt apprehension to be the emotion going up that track would produce. I wonder why our takes there are so opposed?

That, of itself, says something about the power of the image.

Rob
Title: Re: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: RSL on November 28, 2019, 03:02:21 pm
Interesting, Rob. Maybe I get a warm feeling because I spent a lot of time in Colorado shooting similar stuff and guessing what it must have been like to live in these places in the days when I was young. Or maybe it was because "Fern Hill" always echoes in my mind when I see this kind of thing.
Title: Re: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 28, 2019, 03:15:33 pm
I plan on being in Colorado and Utah come May for pretty much the whole month.

Title: Re: Country Road, Take Me Home
Post by: RSL on November 28, 2019, 03:23:39 pm
Pretty snowy up there right now, Chris. Be careful.