Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: RBFritz on November 21, 2019, 01:15:40 pm

Title: Winters coming on
Post by: RBFritz on November 21, 2019, 01:15:40 pm
Sorry but I have to do this. I know it's early but....
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 21, 2019, 01:59:05 pm
Snow scenes are always good! I think the left half makes a better image on its own.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: sdwilsonsct on November 21, 2019, 02:42:04 pm
Good catch.
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: petermfiore on November 21, 2019, 03:25:59 pm
Sorry but I have to do this. I know it's early but....

Why the need to apologize for winter? Curious as to why this has become the new mantra within our society today. I don't get it.

Peter
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: degrub on November 21, 2019, 08:59:24 pm
It’s all the early christmas music (started last week  :-\ ) and displays  :o
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: RBFritz on November 21, 2019, 09:21:19 pm
Peter, winter comes what seems to be too early where I live. Autumn is my favorite season so it seems like I'm pushing past it. Winter provides wonderful shots and some of my best IMO are from this season, so the only apology would be for pushing through Autumn and into winter. In an aside the geese are actually flying northwest, wrong direction huh. I'll look at a crop(no pun intended) but the fields under the snow are wheat growing in summer and mounds with pines are called by the locals Pine Islands so I thought I should include them.
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 22, 2019, 06:18:19 am
Beautiful winter 'sketch.'
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: KMRennie on November 22, 2019, 07:12:49 am
The geese have arrived here from Iceland and Svalbard about 40,000 on the Solway mud flats, this is the warm place they fly to but it doesn't feel like it. I must go out at dawn to get images of them flocking. Ken
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: francois on November 22, 2019, 07:28:33 am
An excellent shot that reminds me that winter is indeed here (or almost). B&W is perfect and I like the composition a lot.
Well done!
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: brandtb on November 22, 2019, 09:04:30 am
very nice
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: RBFritz on November 22, 2019, 07:14:57 pm
Thank you all for the comments and feedback.
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: RBFritz on November 22, 2019, 08:01:19 pm
Sand Creek in winter.
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 22, 2019, 10:19:34 pm
I'm willing to obey the sign.
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: francois on November 23, 2019, 04:47:29 am
I'm willing to obey the sign.

I hate cold water so I would also stand on firm ground.
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: petermfiore on November 23, 2019, 08:28:06 am
I hate cold water so I would also stand on firm ground.

Terra Firma for me...

Peter
Title: Re: Winters coming on
Post by: armand on November 23, 2019, 10:13:03 pm
Sorry but I have to do this. I know it's early but....

Excellent! Both composition and the appropriate tones.