Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tonyhowell on November 19, 2019, 07:09:50 am

Title: Canon PRO2000 using too much ink. Wrong settings?
Post by: tonyhowell on November 19, 2019, 07:09:50 am
My Canon PRO2000 only prints photo paper properly when I use 'Highest' as the quality setting - otherwise I get lines missing across the print (24 inch Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl). It works fine with canvas, fast to print and at 'Standard' quality setting too.

Any ideas welcomed; I'm a professional photographer on less than minimum wage (thanks to our economy in the UK and the Brexit mess) so I don't want to phone Canon and get charged a fortune for it!
Title: Re: Canon PRO2000 using too much ink. Wrong settings?
Post by: Panagiotis on November 19, 2019, 08:24:12 am
My Canon PRO2000 only prints photo paper properly when I use 'Highest' as the quality setting - otherwise I get lines missing across the print (24 inch Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl). It works fine with canvas, fast to print and at 'Standard' quality setting too.

Any ideas welcomed; I'm a professional photographer on less than minimum wage (thanks to our economy in the UK and the Brexit mess) so I don't want to phone Canon and get charged a fortune for it!

Execute paper feed adjustment for the media type you use for Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl.
Title: Re: Canon PRO2000 using too much ink. Wrong settings?
Post by: I.T. Supplies on November 19, 2019, 09:29:06 am
What media type setting are you using?  This can factor into the way the printer accepts and applies the ink.  If you use a bond media type for a fine art paper, there will be problems where the printer applies little ink (to supposedly) a thick paper and doesn't come out properly.

What to make sure the printer and computer end (printer drivers) match on settings.  If you didn't use the ICC profile from Ilford, try that as well.
Title: Re: Canon PRO2000 using too much ink. Wrong settings?
Post by: mearussi on November 19, 2019, 11:18:28 am
I have the same problem on my Canon ipf6400 if I chose the wrong paper type setting. Thankfully it's an easy fix.
Title: Re: Canon PRO2000 using too much ink. Wrong settings?
Post by: tonyhowell on November 21, 2019, 11:59:05 am
Execute paper feed adjustment for the media type you use for Ilford Galerie Smooth Pearl.

Thank you for your suggestion; much appreciated. I tried this and it worked perfectly! Cheers!