Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: DavidPalermo on November 09, 2019, 10:42:11 pm
-
Currently I use a medium format FujiFilm GFX 50s digital camera. I print mainly black and white on an Epson P800.
If I scanned a black and white 4x5 negative and print it on my printer could I expect to see major differences in quality on, say, a 16x20in print?
Anyone doing this?
Thank you!
-
My take based upon working with 4x5 inch scans and a nikon d850 ...
If you have a perfectly sharp 4x5 inch negative shot at low asa and made a very good scan you have more detail than the Fuji...
But in general the quality of the Fuji will be about the same.
Having said that it is of coarse a different medium with a different look.
Above 400asa Fuji wins