Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => Article Discussions => Topic started by: josh.reichmann on November 05, 2019, 08:12:11 am

Title: Update to PhotPlus run down
Post by: josh.reichmann on November 05, 2019, 08:12:11 am
The more comprehensive follow-up by Dan Wells: https://luminous-landscape.com/photoplus-booth-rundown-film-says-im-not-dead-yet/?preview=true&_thumbnail_id=224217
Title: Re: Update to PhotPlus run down
Post by: Rod_01 on November 05, 2019, 08:58:45 am
Hi Dan,

Your second article said "there were no less than three manufacturers of view cameras present, two of whom were showing 8×10” cameras!" and went on to name Horseman, Intrepid and Gibellini.

Somehow you visited the Arca Swiss booth and saw its tiny L60 and L75 levelling heads but missed the main action there: the 6x9 Monolith and Universalis, 4x5 Field and 8x10 F-Metric cameras, not to mention the R-Line technical digital cameras that were on display, courtesy of Rod Klukas (not me).

See:  https://www.instagram.com/p/B3hbkiGHCR6/
 
arcaswissusa
We’ll be showing the Arca-Swiss 6x9 Monolith, Universalis, F-Metric 8x10, Field 4x5, R-Line tech and more @photoplusofficial Come see us and have a hands on experience with our film and digital cameras. #photoplusexpo #photoplus2019 #arcaswiss #8x10 #4x5camera #technicalcamera #filmphotography #shootfilm
Title: Re: Update to PhotPlus run down
Post by: Dan Wells on November 05, 2019, 12:46:40 pm
I was especially primed to see the leveling heads (having been looking for one), and I didn't really make the observation about view cameras until the next day (I missed all of them on Friday, noticed "there are a lot of view cameras here" on Saturday). I will insert a correction if possible