Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on November 03, 2019, 01:20:29 pm

Title: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 03, 2019, 01:20:29 pm
Out the back door and up the creek a bit
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eight Day
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 03, 2019, 01:42:01 pm
Out the back door and up the creek a bit

Eerie. Suitable for Halloween.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eight Day
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on November 03, 2019, 07:15:40 pm
Eerie. Suitable for Halloween.

Jeremy
+1.

Great image!
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: RSL on November 03, 2019, 08:02:06 pm
Powerful stuff, Chris.
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on November 04, 2019, 03:30:01 am
Global warming:)

great shot.
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 04, 2019, 06:17:17 am
Beautiful. (I took the image through Topaz DeNoise AI and it smoothes out the mist/fog to make it even more compelling - in my view, of course.)
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 04, 2019, 09:34:09 am
Beautiful. (I took the image through Topaz DeNoise AI and it smoothes out the mist/fog to make it even more compelling - in my view, of course.)

Thanks. I have not yet tried that program....seems like everyone likes it so when I get my new computer, I will avail myself of it as well.
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: armand on November 04, 2019, 11:05:03 am
Apocalypse in making
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on November 04, 2019, 11:39:44 am
Beautiful. (I took the image through Topaz DeNoise AI and it smoothes out the mist/fog to make it even more compelling - in my view, of course.)

So are you going to show us Rajan?

This shot really is something different form the usual type of dawn images I have ever seen  :)

Dave
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: MattBurt on November 04, 2019, 12:09:21 pm
Love it!
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 04, 2019, 01:37:47 pm
Yeah, Rajan, please do show :-)
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 04, 2019, 01:52:00 pm
Yeah, Rajan, please do show :-)

See attached. I should add that it is not Topaz DeNoise AI only. NeatImage gives a similar result. They just take away what they see as noise.

Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: maddogmurph on November 05, 2019, 01:26:18 am
See attached. I should add that it is not Topaz DeNoise AI only. NeatImage gives a similar result. They just take away what they see as noise.

Do you find the old Nik collection doesn't work as well as Topaz DeNoise? And can it not be done simply in raw processing using the denoise features?
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on November 05, 2019, 01:04:48 pm
Do you find the old Nik collection doesn't work as well as Topaz DeNoise? And can it not be done simply in raw processing using the denoise features?

Yes, any of the well-known noise reduction tools should work on this particular image.

Topaz DeNoise AI works very well in certain situations (eg. night sky), better than the alternatives. Sometimes Neat Image or Noiseware does better.

 
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: Chris Calohan on November 10, 2019, 09:04:27 am
I used Neat Image v8 and it seemed to do pretty well even though this is the trial version.
Title: Re: Dawn on the Eighth Day
Post by: petermfiore on November 11, 2019, 07:45:46 am
The noise adds texture which give the space air...and dimension.

Peter