Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: mseawell on November 02, 2019, 08:12:02 am
-
Our morning in the Tetons did not start off well. We awoke at 5 a.m to make the nearly hours drive to Oxbow Bend in the park and the rain was coming down hard. We had one shot at this as we had to leave by noon back to Utah so this was a disappointing start. But we went anyway, arriving to a soggy, dark landscape and temps in the upper 30's. I set up my tripod and got back into the car! I decided not to set up my camera...why bother? My wife and I couldn't believe the group of photographers out in the cold and rain pointing at God knows what.
We moved on. So much for the image I had in my mind but I've learned to be flexible and perhaps things may change. And change they did, slowly at first, but gradually light started coming through, touching the stunning autumn foliage as the land came alive. But the final piece of this play, the denouement, was the mountains themselves gradually being revealed in all their majestic tones.....heart of the Tetons.
-
Well worth the wait.
-
Lovely shot. And perfectly processed IMO.
-
Truly an image that speaks about "weather".
-
Remarkable!
-
Nice and way to persevere. Those days when you might get skunked can be the ones that produce the best images. Or no images. Makes it so gratifying when it comes together!
-
Superb and mysterious view on those majestic peaks… Perseverance is key!
-
Lovely shot. And perfectly processed IMO.
+1.