Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: maddogmurph on October 26, 2019, 04:15:26 pm

Title: Light Trio
Post by: maddogmurph on October 26, 2019, 04:15:26 pm
It's moments like these where I wonder ... This is probably the only time of year that the light hits these cliffs exactly this way to light up these trees in Colorado without catching anything else. Similar to the Firefalls in Yosemite I wonder how many other natural phenomenons happen with light angles through out the remote places in the world. I took out a dead tree here because it felt very distracting, but other than that there is very little editing done here.

I announced my first photography trip about a week or two ago to the Fjords of Patagonia, and it's very exciting. It's affordable and it's for everyone - but you can optionally crank the challenge level up by off-boarding our boat. If you've never been to Patagonia. It might ruin the way you look at photography forever. It's among the most beautiful places I've been:

https://www.depictionsofbeauty.com/Photo-Tours
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 26, 2019, 05:07:41 pm
Very nice. I think the image would be even stronger compositionally if you'd avoid the central placement, in favor of placing the trees in the lower right third.
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: maddogmurph on October 26, 2019, 07:08:10 pm
Very nice. I think the image would be even stronger compositionally if you'd avoid the central placement, in favor of placing the trees in the lower right third.
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 26, 2019, 08:05:20 pm
Yes! This version nails it.

Sometimes Slobodan is right.
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 28, 2019, 05:17:47 am
Good one.
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: francois on October 28, 2019, 09:07:54 am
Magic light on those three trees! I like the second version best, by the way.
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 28, 2019, 02:38:45 pm
Excellent - and the second is far better.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Light Trio
Post by: Two23 on October 28, 2019, 08:10:52 pm
Agree about second version.


Kent in SD