Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on October 25, 2019, 06:46:12 am

Title: Big Mouth
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 25, 2019, 06:46:12 am
Big Mouth. (https://blog.parrikar.com/2019/10/25/big-mouth/)

Title: Re: Big Mouth
Post by: petermfiore on October 25, 2019, 06:59:31 am
I'm hoping that's some kind of wonderful Pasta dish. But I thinking not...

Peter
Title: Re: Big Mouth
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 25, 2019, 11:55:54 am
Delicious crunchy Indian street food snack whose name I forget.
Title: Re: Big Mouth
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 25, 2019, 04:25:26 pm
Peter F - Peter M got it right. This is a traditional Goan savoury (http://chanekarclassics.com/khaje/) typically prepared fresh in outdoor stalls at temple festivals. The main ingredient is chickpea flour, to which is added  jaggery melt. The mix is then seasoned with ginger and sesame seeds. In the photo above, we see the jaggery melt being poured in.

Title: Re: Big Mouth
Post by: petermfiore on October 25, 2019, 04:47:20 pm
Peter F - Peter M got it right. This is a traditional Goan savoury (http://chanekarclassics.com/khaje/) typically prepared fresh in outdoor stalls at temple festivals. The main ingredient is chickpea flour, to which is added  jaggery melt. The mix is then seasoned with ginger and sesame seeds. In the photo above, we see the jaggery melt being poured in.

Sounds wonderful...

Peter
Title: Re: Big Mouth
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 25, 2019, 05:57:38 pm
Too bad you can't send samples to all of your fans on LuLa. 
I doubt I'll be able to get to Goa to try it first hand.