Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Jeremy Roussak on October 24, 2019, 02:21:18 pm

Title: light on the wall
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 24, 2019, 02:21:18 pm
?

Jeremy
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 24, 2019, 02:38:58 pm
I like it.

(It must have taken hours to build the lattice-work and set up the lights.   ;)  )
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: petermfiore on October 24, 2019, 02:56:30 pm
?

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Have you tried in B&W? I did and it's stunning.

Peter
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: RSL on October 24, 2019, 04:16:10 pm
Good shooting, Jeremy. Peter's right. When graphics are the centerpiece, B&W almost always wins out.
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: RBFritz on October 24, 2019, 11:23:20 pm
Jeremy, your title brought to mind a shot from a recent trip to Croatia. Ancient wall in Zadar. Fuji XE-1, 18-55 fuji lens. Midday. BTW great shot. Bet you were hoping Eric wouldn't figure out how you set it up....
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 26, 2019, 01:50:08 pm
Jeremy, your title brought to mind a shot from a recent trip to Croatia. Ancient wall in Zadar. Fuji XE-1, 18-55 fuji lens. Midday. BTW great shot. Bet you were hoping Eric wouldn't figure out how you set it up....

And your shot brought this old one of mine to mind.

Jeremy
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 26, 2019, 01:50:45 pm
Have you tried in B&W? I did and it's stunning.

I hadn't, Peter, but now I have and I agree.

Jeremy
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: John R on October 26, 2019, 03:28:10 pm
I hadn't, Peter, but now I have and I agree.

Jeremy
The man has more prominence now, almost equal in visual weight to the light pattern. I suggest the upper part just above the light pattern does nothing for the balance of the image. The upper right small triangle attracts too much attention. I would suggest cropping below that. I already did and it looks great.

JR
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: Arlen on October 26, 2019, 07:17:38 pm
Very strong, especially the B&W version.
Title: Re: light on the wall
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 26, 2019, 08:03:59 pm
The BW wins for me, too.