Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on October 24, 2019, 05:45:39 am

Title: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 24, 2019, 05:45:39 am
I used the multiple exposure feature on the D810 - 10 frames, ISO 50, f/22, 4"
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: francois on October 24, 2019, 06:48:21 am
So smooth it looks unreal. I love it!
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: stamper on October 24, 2019, 07:21:14 am
My kind of image. Well done!
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Bob_B on October 24, 2019, 08:37:44 am
Definitely! The partially submerged grasses in the water beside the dock add a nice touch, IMHO.
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 24, 2019, 08:47:56 am
Nice!
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 25, 2019, 03:56:14 am
Really excellent.
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 25, 2019, 07:51:02 am
For the last year, since Hurricane Michael which I am happy to say I am fully recovered from, the sunsets out my backyard have been one of the things that gave me courage to hang on, "just one more day" waiting for no-show contractors, subs, supplies and all the other things that delayed the remodel job.

Thanks for you kind comments as all of you have also been a part of my recovery effort both in acknowledging my work but in presenting your own.
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on October 25, 2019, 02:36:49 pm
For the last year, since Hurricane Michael which I am happy to say I am fully recovered from, the sunsets out my backyard have been one of the things that gave me courage to hang on, "just one more day" waiting for no-show contractors, subs, supplies and all the other things that delayed the remodel job.

Thanks for you kind comments as all of you have also been a part of my recovery effort both in acknowledging my work but in presenting your own.

I'm really pleased to hear that you're back on track, Chris. It must have been an awful time - is it a year?

Jeremy
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Chris Calohan on October 25, 2019, 03:13:22 pm
On October 10th, my contractor put in the last details on the house and that marked the first anniversary of the storm. While I have a great ending, there are literally thousands of residents here not nearly so fortunate...most times as per governmental intervention, we feel like Puerto Rico.
Title: Re: Silky Smooth Sunset
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on October 25, 2019, 05:28:20 pm
Superb!