Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jim Kasson on October 23, 2019, 01:08:25 pm
-
I've got an museum exhibition coming up and I need to start printing soon. Yesterday, I went looking for 24x30 inch sheets of glossy baryta and Photo-Rag-like paper. Since the last time that I bought 24x30 sheet paper, something has changed. I can't find what I'm looking for, and I don't have enough 24x30 paper to print the whole show.
Does anyone know where I can find these large sheets? A little bigger would be fine -- I have a 44-inch printer.
Or do I have to use roll paper? I hate the handling, trimming, and mounting issues of roll paper.
Thanks,
Jim
-
B&H has the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 24x30 25 sheets for $308.99
You can get a 24" roll of Baryta for about half that. The Rag roll is around $185
If you do a lot of these large prints it is much easier off a roll (At least for me.)
As long as you have a Rototrim and D-Roller.
-
24 x 30? Rolls, definitely rolls.
Congrats on the show Jim.
Mark
-
B&H has the Hahnemuhle Photo Rag 24x30 25 sheets for $308.99
You can get a 24" roll of Baryta for about half that. The Rag roll is around $185
If you do a lot of these large prints it is much easier off a roll (At least for me.)
As long as you have a Rototrim and D-Roller.
OK, you convinced me. I do have a Rototrim. I ordered a 24 inch D-Roller and a 24-inch roll of Legacy Baryta.
-
I do quite a few Hahnemuhle FAB mounted to gator board.
I have 2 laminators here that don't get used very often when attaching smaller prints using Seals Print Mount Ultra to the board.
16x24 and larger get run through the laminator. Great presentation and oh so easy to do.
Do those larger prints get a mat and glass or are you presenting them another way?
-
Do those larger prints get a mat and glass or are you presenting them another way?
Yes, mat and the museum's frames and glass.
-
Hi Jim,
Wondering what is the content of your upcoming show? I very much like the current image on the home page of your site.
Peter
-
Wondering what is the content of your upcoming show? I very much like the current image on the home page of your site.
Thanks. It's going to be a sort of retrospective, concentrating on images in which the passage of time is part of the photograph, and on images made in California.
Jim
-
Thanks. It's going to be a sort of retrospective, concentrating on images in which the passage of time is part of the photograph, and on images made in California.
Jim
Jim,
Excellent and best wishes to you...
Peter