Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 19, 2019, 07:43:26 pm

Title: My Weekly Walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 19, 2019, 07:43:26 pm
Near Walden Pond today, a cold Fall morning.--
Title: Re: My Weekly Walk
Post by: RSL on October 19, 2019, 07:44:56 pm
That's some walk, Eric. Love the cows.
Title: Re: My Weekly Walk
Post by: John R on October 19, 2019, 08:28:09 pm
I guess I better Moo--ve over, now that we have a couple more Daily and weekly walkers. Nice set. I really the fence and reflections. But I could have sworn you said that you had a color deficiency?

JR
Title: Re: My Weekly Walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 19, 2019, 11:13:04 pm
That's some walk, Eric. Love the cows.
Thanks, Russ.
It was a pretty cold morning, temperature in the low 40s (F), but bright sun was pouring down on the entire field where the cows were, except for the shade of one tree, and that's where they chose to nap.
Title: Re: My Weekly Walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 19, 2019, 11:20:10 pm
I guess I better Moo--ve over, now that we have a couple more Daily and weekly walkers. Nice set. I really the fence and reflections. But I could have sworn you said that you had a color deficiency?

JR
Color? What color? Aren't they all in Black and White?   ;D
Back in Kodachrome days nobody could tell I had a color deficiency. But once I had moved into Digital, it got more risky. At one exhibit a photographer friend wondered why some of my blue skies were cyan.  After that I decided never to touch any of the color/tint/temp sliders in LR. I'll play with contrast and exposure but leave the color tweaking alone.

Thanks for looking, John.
Title: Re: My Weekly Walk
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on October 20, 2019, 07:33:28 am
Eric - with these lovely surroundings, why isn't it a "daily walk"?  :)
Title: Re: My Weekly Walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 20, 2019, 08:21:26 am
Eric - with these lovely surroundings, why isn't it a "daily walk"?  :)
Alas, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning I am at the dialysis clinic for five hours, which is good for reading but not walking or photography.  When the weather is pretty good, I try to get out on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, or Sundays for an hour or two.

I do have some very nice hiking trail areas close to home, but no mountains or glaciers.   ;)