Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on October 18, 2019, 10:47:02 am

Title: Power canal
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 18, 2019, 10:47:02 am
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: stamper on October 18, 2019, 11:07:07 am
Both are very fine images.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: RSL on October 18, 2019, 11:10:25 am
Striking shots.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 18, 2019, 11:31:35 am
I prefer #2, due to the more powerful line composition.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 18, 2019, 12:34:52 pm
Both are very fine images.
+1.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: Arlen on October 18, 2019, 01:37:45 pm
I prefer #2, due to the more powerful line composition.

Me too, but both are interesting.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 19, 2019, 03:07:12 am
Me too, but both are interesting.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 19, 2019, 10:01:58 am
Thanks for the comments, everyone.

This was a day I planned to capture light on distant hills. The forecast, the aspect, the location were all promising. Instead, the valley bottom was filled with mist. I had a good time anyway.
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: brandtb on October 19, 2019, 10:08:16 am
I think that second image is really great all the way around. The first meanders a bit without aim. You could look at it with bottom 1/4 cropped, add some sat/vibr and vignette and bring focus to the color/shape/energy of trees'
Title: Re: Power canal
Post by: sdwilsonsct on October 21, 2019, 04:25:18 pm
I think that second image is really great all the way around. The first meanders a bit without aim. You could look at it with bottom 1/4 cropped, add some sat/vibr and vignette and bring focus to the color/shape/energy of trees'

Thanks, Brandt! This was all already done, but I'll look at pushing it a bit further.