Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: JudyKonopka on October 14, 2019, 12:12:15 pm

Title: Canon Service Call? $1,000
Post by: JudyKonopka on October 14, 2019, 12:12:15 pm
Hi, I was on the phone with a Canon rep not too long ago and asked him what it would cost for a service call.  He said $1,000 and the cost of parts (whether it would be a $5 or a $500 part).  I asked him if there are third parties that may be cheaper and he said yes.  I am wondering if anyone here has called a Canon rep or used a third party and what was your experience like?  Thanks!
Title: Re: Canon Service Call? $1,000
Post by: mearussi on October 14, 2019, 03:39:26 pm
Sort of like closing the barn door after the horse has gone, but it's a good idea for any professional printing business to pay for a service contract. That way all labor (and possibly parts) have already been covered.
Title: Re: Canon Service Call? $1,000
Post by: Richard.Wills on October 15, 2019, 05:55:13 pm
Not really helping you Judy, but yes regarding the service contract - for the last 7-8 years, my dealer has been sending me two heads when the 8300/now8400 starts to run nozzle checks/head cleans too frequently.  One head failing is an indicator that the other is likely on the way out. I'm on an ink plan, so pay over the odds on /ml costs, but make up for it in support.

Just re-read - $1000 plus parts - are you somewhere really remote?
Title: Re: Canon Service Call? $1,000
Post by: JudyKonopka on October 20, 2019, 02:05:28 pm
Not really helping you Judy, but yes regarding the service contract - for the last 7-8 years, my dealer has been sending me two heads when the 8300/now8400 starts to run nozzle checks/head cleans too frequently.  One head failing is an indicator that the other is likely on the way out. I'm on an ink plan, so pay over the odds on /ml costs, but make up for it in support.

Just re-read - $1000 plus parts - are you somewhere really remote?

Hi - thanks for the late reply. I forgot to look.  I bought my printer from B&H, and didn't buy a service plan.  I live in CT...we should have someone here. I like the idea of a plan.  I'll have to find someone local that might do the plans. Thanks!