Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: haring on October 10, 2019, 09:01:50 am

Title: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: haring on October 10, 2019, 09:01:50 am
I have 3 domain, 3 websites under my hosting plan. I pay 25.99/month at Bluehost. It is $311 for a year.

How much do you guys pay for hosting?

Thanks so much!
Title: Re: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 10, 2019, 12:18:22 pm
My Wordpress account is less than $100USD a year.  Includes my own domain name and a website (under construction) with unlimited traffic.  No e-commerce, though. I don't need it.

www.petercmclennan.com
Title: Re: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: Alan Klein on October 10, 2019, 03:55:38 pm
Peter,  I looked at your website.  Very nice.  I'm impressed with your writing.  Have your written professionally, novels or other?  You have a nice breezy style, very direct and clear. Would like to see some photos added too.  Good luck. Alan.
Title: Re: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: sandymc on October 13, 2019, 09:28:37 am
$0 - Netlify. Our course, you have to be prepared to do more works that with some of the other vendors.
Title: Re: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 13, 2019, 11:15:43 am
Peter,  I looked at your website.  Very nice.  I'm impressed with your writing.  Have your written professionally, novels or other?  You have a nice breezy style, very direct and clear. Would like to see some photos added too.  Good luck. Alan.

Thanks, Alan.  My professional writing experience is limited to a dozen or so magazine articles.  The site you visited is mostly personal and journalism/blog oriented.

A gallery is at:

https://petermclennan.myportfolio.com/

Title: Re: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: Alan Klein on October 13, 2019, 11:28:34 am
You're a good photographer too Peter.  I really like your "street" shots in India.  You have a good eye for the interesting and pretty - you wait for the light in your landscapes, something I know I should do more of but get lazy waiting around for it.  Or getting up really early to catch it. ;)
Title: Re: How much do you pay for website hosting? Let's compare services and prices...
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 13, 2019, 12:49:24 pm
You're a good photographer too Peter.  I really like your "street" shots in India.

Thanks.  India is a target-rich environment for photographers.  See forum member klaban's recent superb images from India, too.

Quote
you wait for the light in your landscapes, something I know I should do more of but get lazy waiting around for it.  Or getting up really early to catch it. ;)

Waiting is easy if you have the right tools. Frito (my Sprinter van) is my weapon of choice for those endeavours.  In case you missed it:

https://luminous-landscape.com/challenges-getting-shoot/