Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on October 02, 2019, 12:41:56 pm

Title: Softly Lit
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on October 02, 2019, 12:41:56 pm
I was driving passed this viewpoint the other day and just happened to look over to my left and saw this lovely warm soft light on the mountains and hills, so threw the car into a mad swerve (after checking the mirror to see if I was alone on the road of course) and dove out of the car, threw on my 70/200 and just caught the light on the hills and peaks in a pano as it was beginning to fade. So yes it did look even better when I first saw it, but at least I managed to catch some of it  :D

Dave
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: rabanito on October 02, 2019, 02:00:32 pm
like it very much
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 02, 2019, 11:30:02 pm
Quite lovely.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 03, 2019, 03:50:39 am
Good one.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: stamper on October 03, 2019, 07:26:03 am
Worth stopping for.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Peter McLennan on October 03, 2019, 11:53:56 am
Worth stopping for.

Totally.  All hail the 70-200 and Dave's unfailing eye for the lovely.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: francois on October 04, 2019, 04:48:00 am
Perfectly soft light combined with the smooth lines of the foreground hill and the jagged peaks in the distance.
I like it a lot, bravo.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on October 06, 2019, 06:10:35 am
Thanks everyone  ;)

Yes I wish I had been there and setup just a few minutes earlier, but hey, you just have to take what you can get in this game don't you?

And yes the joys of the Canon 70 -200, it really is a sweet lens. I have two lenses that always go out with me every single time and a slew of others that do a lot of gathering dust at the side of the computer. But whenever I go out, I always have the 16-35 mounted on the camera and the 70 - 200 in its carrying case over my shoulder and there isn't much I see these days that seems to need anything more than that.

Thanks again everyone.

Dave
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on October 06, 2019, 02:13:40 pm
 Hiya Dave!! As the others have posted, great jib!!
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: guido on October 08, 2019, 11:34:44 am
Fine image Dave! Well seen and processed.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on October 08, 2019, 12:39:46 pm
Thanks again everyone  ;)

Dave
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Cornfield on October 16, 2019, 04:44:12 am
Refreshing to see a nice natural image.  So many images in this section are over-processed to death.
Title: Re: Softly Lit
Post by: Dave (Isle of Skye) on October 19, 2019, 11:22:29 am
Refreshing to see a nice natural image.  So many images in this section are over-processed to death.

Thank you and yes I suppose we are all guilty of pushing those sliders around too far occasionally.

Dave