Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Robert Boire on October 01, 2019, 07:36:57 pm
-
Hello,
I am printing a copy of an image I first printed ages ago. Printing B&W from LR to an EPSON 2800 printer. I am using a saved printer configuration, so all settings are identical. Identical paper as well.
Alas, the print is coming out way too light, compared to screen and previous copy of the print. Cannot figure it out. I am running a bit low on some colors, but not to the point that I get a low ink warning. One nozzle may need to be cleaned, but there are not obvious banding or gap effects.
Any ideas anyone?
Thanks
R
-
"One nozzle may need to be cleaned"
It is surly where I would start.
Did you run a clean then another nozzle check?
You just cannot fluff off a clogged nozzle as that is likely the issue.
-
"One nozzle may need to be cleaned"
It is surly where I would start.
Did you run a clean then another nozzle check?
You just cannot fluff off a clogged nozzle as that is likely the issue.
+ 1 to all of the above.
Concerning the one nozzle that might need to be cleaned, is it perhaps one of the blacks? However, you have mentioned that none the channels have yet exhibited the low ink warning, so why to you think one nozzle might need to be cleaned? I also assume you are still printing with the 2800, is that correct? I would suggest that you should print a reference image, one that you know is a good file that you've printed recently and see how that looks. If that image prints as expected then you should perhaps check all of your printing settings for the one that's printing too light. If not, print a nozzle check and view it with good light and perhaps a magnifier to find the culprit.