Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => Article Discussions => Topic started by: [email protected] on September 30, 2019, 10:14:22 pm

Title: State of Mirrorless Cameras by Dan Wells
Post by: [email protected] on September 30, 2019, 10:14:22 pm
The recent article with Dan's opinions concerning various mirrorless cameras was informative, and to those contemplating purchase of such cameras very relevant.

Brief disclaimer:  I currently own no mirrorless cameras.

I noticed his statement concerning the fact that Canon manufactured sensors are inferior to the Sony sensors.  Does anyone have links to objective articles comparing the sensors in question?  Moreover, in situations that are away from an optical bench, would such lesser qualities be seen in the images that are captured?

Ilya
Title: Re: State of Mirrorless Cameras by Dan Wells
Post by: [email protected] on September 30, 2019, 10:27:13 pm
I believe that Dan's statement has support at the DxO site:

https://www.dxomark.com/canon-eos-r-sensor-review/