Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: KMRennie on September 29, 2019, 05:51:00 pm

Title: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: KMRennie on September 29, 2019, 05:51:00 pm
For the last few months I have been scouring large scale maps to find waterfalls that do not generate hits on google. Sometimes after a few miles of hiking you arrive at a non event that either can't be approached or is not terribly photogenic but being out in the fresh air always makes it worthwhile. This waterfall is in South West Scotland and was worth the 5 mile hike. Ken
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on September 29, 2019, 06:00:03 pm
It certainly was. I think the first is much the best: it's made by the swirls of water below.

Jeremy
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 29, 2019, 06:09:59 pm
It certainly was. I think the first is much the best: it's made by the swirls of water below.

Jeremy
I agree with Jeremy/ They are all very fine, but #1 has that extra swirl.
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 30, 2019, 12:07:12 am
Yes! Number one is number one.
Add me to those who thank you for making that five mile (each way?) hike.
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: thierrylegros396 on September 30, 2019, 02:25:17 am
I like the subtle light in the 3rd.

Thierry
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 30, 2019, 05:44:16 am
Good set, and to me also #1 is above the others.
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: brandtb on September 30, 2019, 08:48:33 am
Very nice image that second one
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: Kevin Gallagher on September 30, 2019, 11:25:55 am
 I like them all but I'm with Thierry on #3 being my favorite.
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: guido on September 30, 2019, 05:38:41 pm
I like them all Ken. Each one says something different, Fine work!
Title: Re: seldom photographed waterfalls
Post by: MattBurt on September 30, 2019, 06:44:29 pm
Those are great and I love that theme. I try to find lesser known views too.
I think #1 is #1! Love the line on the water surface and the blur is just enough but not too much.