Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Colorado_CJ on September 26, 2019, 12:46:41 am

Title: Andromeda's Core
Post by: Colorado_CJ on September 26, 2019, 12:46:41 am
I've been trying my hand at Astrophotography for almost a year now.  Lots of sleepless nights and money has been spent.  I am rewarded with awe for our universe every night though, and I am starting to get some decent images. 

Last night, I imaged the Andromeda Galaxy, our nearest galactic neighbor.  This was the first "object" I imaged during my first night of astrophotography on October 15, 2018. 

The scope I used last night is a far cry from the old soviet 300mm Tair 3 lens I used for my first photographs, but that old lens hooked me.  I am now pretty much addicted.

Anyway, here is a shot of the core of Andromeda.  This is 6.5 hours of imaging using a cooled mono camera and 5 filters. 

Lum: 60, 60 second images 1x1 Bin
Red: 80, 60 second images 2x2 Bin
Green: 80, 60 second images 2x2 Bin
Blue: 80, 60 second images 2x2 Bin
H-Alpha: 30, 180 second images 2x2 Bin


(https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48797047322_fd9200489f_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/2hm2C77)Andromeda-MN190-Small (https://flic.kr/p/2hm2C77) by Colo CJ (https://www.flickr.com/photos/184532879@N08/), on Flickr


And for those interested, here is my first astrophoto, my first shot of Andromeda, taken almost a year ago. 

(https://live.staticflickr.com/1974/31478904748_9778d5e096_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/PXFBF3)Andromeda 8 Stacked (https://flic.kr/p/PXFBF3) by Andrew Marjama (https://www.flickr.com/photos/55229792@N03/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Andromeda's Core
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on September 26, 2019, 03:37:13 am
Fantastic.
Title: Re: Andromeda's Core
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on September 26, 2019, 09:51:54 am
Fantastic.
+1.
Title: Re: Andromeda's Core
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 26, 2019, 11:31:52 am
+1.

+10