Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mr.dude on November 21, 2006, 05:30:38 am

Title: Clear plastic sheets placed between prints
Post by: mr.dude on November 21, 2006, 05:30:38 am
Does anybody know what those are called and where to get them?  I need to ship a few inkjet prints in tubes.

Thanks!
Title: Clear plastic sheets placed between prints
Post by: Tim Ernst on November 21, 2006, 06:59:05 am
I place a sheet of tissue paper (acid-free sheets available from papermart.com in a variety of sizes) over each print and then put into a 1.5 or 2 mil flat poly bag (not a sheet) - you can get those from a variety of places, but beware the minimum order is normally 500 or 1000 sheets per case so they cost a lot.
Title: Clear plastic sheets placed between prints
Post by: Dale Allyn on November 21, 2006, 09:29:53 am
Quote
Does anybody know what those are called and where to get them?  I need to ship a few inkjet prints in tubes.

Thanks!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a] (http://index.php?act=findpost&pid=86323\")

Here are some paper/tissue choices: [a href=\"http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/servlet/OnlineShopping?Dsp=10000&PCR=30000:190000:195000]http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/serv...0:190000:195000[/url]

There are many sources, but Light Impressions has a variety of useful items.

If you need bags for enclosure of prints you might try clearbags.com

--
Dale
Title: Clear plastic sheets placed between prints
Post by: Nill Toulme on November 21, 2006, 09:40:08 am
You guys bag the print and then roll it?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
Title: Clear plastic sheets placed between prints
Post by: Dale Allyn on November 21, 2006, 09:46:54 am
Quote
You guys bag the print and then roll it?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net (http://www.toulme.net)
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=86374\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nill,

I mat and bag prints and have not rolled. I just added the Clearbags link incase it was a helpful resource to the OP or others. The bags that I use would not be great for rolling, but maybe someone else has a different arrangement.

A friend who rolls uses acid-free paper below the bottom print and paper between each before rolling. If sending only one print, he uses paper below and on top of the print before rolling.

--
Dale