Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: brianrybolt on September 19, 2019, 01:39:12 pm

Title: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on September 19, 2019, 01:39:12 pm
How do I create and install a new .icc profile on my hp z3100 printer.

(Mac pro -late 2013, OS 10.14.6)  I can not find this from Online hp support.  I am trying to create a profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper.  Can't find a profile anywhere.  In England, hp seems to have shut down.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: digitaldog on September 19, 2019, 04:33:23 pm
The path:
Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨~user library⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨ColorSync⁩ ▸ ⁨Profiles⁩
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on September 20, 2019, 07:27:29 am
The path:
Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨~user library⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨ColorSync⁩ ▸ ⁨Profiles⁩

The profile is not in 'profiles'.  I am trying to find this profile but HP & Hahnemuhle are no help.  If anyone has this profile, please send it to me.

Best,
Brian
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 20, 2019, 08:19:51 am
The profile is not in 'profiles'.  I am trying to find this profile but HP & Hahnemuhle are no help.  If anyone has this profile, please send it to me.

Best,
Brian
I just did a search at the Hahnemuhle website and it shows the profile you are looking for (I don't have your printer and have not downloaded it to make sure).  I'm in the US and found it at:  https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/icc-profile/download-center.html
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on September 20, 2019, 08:48:21 am
I just did a search at the Hahnemuhle website and it shows the profile you are looking for (I don't have your printer and have not downloaded it to make sure).  I'm in the US and found it at:  https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/icc-profile/download-center.html

Thanks for trying but they don't download the profile, just the instructions as if they did download it.
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on September 20, 2019, 09:00:09 am
Thanks for trying but they don't download the profile, just the instructions as if they did download it.
I just downloaded and looked at the ZIP file.  There are four PDFs of instructions in various languages that just tell you how to use profiles which look the same as those I've looked at for the printers I have owned.  There is also a very large (3400KB) file HFA_HPZ3100_Bamboo.oms that I have no clue about (I don't own this printer).  A quick Google search gives this old LuLa link:  https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=48243.0 indicating that this contains the profile you are looking for.  As to how you install it, you will need someone with that printer's expertise to help you.
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: deanwork on September 20, 2019, 12:48:14 pm
A number of these companies have quit supplying Z profiles because people are making their own custom ones with the built in spectro. That’s the point of having it. And regardless of the icc you need to linearize it ( calibrate) using the spectro anyway, so might as well make the custom profile.



I just downloaded and looked at the ZIP file.  There are four PDFs of instructions in various languages that just tell you how to use profiles which look the same as those I've looked at for the printers I have owned.  There is also a very large (3400KB) file HFA_HPZ3100_Bamboo.oms that I have no clue about (I don't own this printer).  A quick Google search gives this old LuLa link:  https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=48243.0 indicating that this contains the profile you are looking for.  As to how you install it, you will need someone with that printer's expertise to help you.
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: Mark Lindquist on September 20, 2019, 02:08:24 pm
Once you have the ICC Profile:

I usually begin by creating a new paper with the same exact name as the profile, choosing the correct paper preset, then calibrate it, then do a advance paper calibration.

Then:

GO TO: Color center => Paper Preset  management => Profile Options => Install Profile

Select the newly made calibrated paper, then add in the  ICC profile from your computer and click next.

That will add the selected profile to the custom paper.

Mark
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on September 21, 2019, 06:02:51 am
Hello Mark and thanks for your reply.  I will send you a screenshot that explains a bit of my problem.

As you see in the screenshot I can not add any more papers/profiles.  I did go to my profile folder and deleted a few of the profiles that I don't use but I still could not add a new one.  Any thoughts about this?
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: Mark Lindquist on September 21, 2019, 08:31:35 am
Hello Mark and thanks for your reply.  I will send you a screenshot that explains a bit of my problem.

As you see in the screenshot I can not add any more papers/profiles.  I did go to my profile folder and deleted a few of the profiles that I don't use but I still could not add a new one.  Any thoughts about this?

Hi Bryan,
In order to free up space for more custom profiles:

In the utility under paper preset management,  >Custom Papers, choose paper> Delete ( using the minus widget ) - there should be a + and minus widget.  If not, there should be an option to delete the paper. Then restart the printer and your computer and use the refresh paper papers feature iin Utility.

Mark
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on September 21, 2019, 09:20:16 am
Hi Bryan,
In order to free up space for more custom profiles:

In the utility under paper preset management,  >Custom Papers, choose paper> Delete ( using the minus widget ) - there should be a + and minus widget.  If not, there should be an option to delete the paper. Then restart the printer and your computer and use the refresh paper papers feature iin Utility.

Mark

Hello again, As you can see from the screenshot there is no (-) minus widget showing on the 'paper preset management page other than the Greyed out one.
Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: Mark Lindquist on September 21, 2019, 04:19:54 pm
You first select the paper you want to remove, then choose the gear or star dropdown list (see attached image): Delete Paper Preset.

Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: brianrybolt on September 29, 2019, 05:58:06 am
You first select the paper you want to remove, then choose the gear or star dropdown list (see attached image): Delete Paper Preset.

Thanks for your input Mark.  I have no idea how this happened but the profile for Hahn Bamboo paper showed up in my list of profiles.  ??!  Nevertheless, I won't question this and if I can't get other profiles in the future, I will certainly use your suggestions.

Brian

Title: Re: Profile for Hahnemuhle Bamboo paper - HP Z3100
Post by: deanwork on September 29, 2019, 10:22:10 am
It showed up because you hit the synchronize button that is required to to make it visible in the print driver menu.





Thanks for your input Mark.  I have no idea how this happened but the profile for Hahn Bamboo paper showed up in my list of profiles.  ??!  Nevertheless, I won't question this and if I can't get other profiles in the future, I will certainly use your suggestions.

Brian