Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Redcrown on September 16, 2019, 10:36:18 am

Title: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Redcrown on September 16, 2019, 10:36:18 am
I watched the new Ken Burns documentary on Country Music last night. The topic holds little interest for me, but the photography was great. Old black and white images from the 20s and 30s, many that could easily be masterpieces that I've never seen before. Highly recommended, a 3 part series running on PBS in the US.
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 16, 2019, 11:34:18 am
I watched the new Ken Burns documentary on Country Music last night. The topic holds little interest for me, but the photography was great. Old black and white images from the 20s and 30s, many that could easily be masterpieces that I've never seen before. Highly recommended, a 3 part series running on PBS in the US.

Rob’s gonna love it, despite hisself. 😎
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Rob C on September 16, 2019, 02:34:40 pm
Rob’s gonna love it, despite hisself. 😎


How's he gonna access it?

:-)
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Alan Klein on September 16, 2019, 04:36:56 pm
Rob, does this link help?
https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/country-music/
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Redcrown on September 17, 2019, 01:05:27 am
Alan, thanks for the PBS link. It shows 9 shows. My cable guide only showed 3 do I thought that's all there is.

If you can't get it in Europe, buy a 1 month subscription to a VPN service and sneak in the back door.
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 17, 2019, 10:40:19 am

How's he gonna access it?

:-)

Patience.  I have the same problem here in western Canada.
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Rob C on September 17, 2019, 02:24:26 pm
That's why I stick with Rock-it Radio, The juke in the Back, and other reliable and available Internet music stations. There's even an online version of Radio Caroline, that as a pirate radio station back in the day, helped me make it through many a cold and lonely night in the darkroom whilst the rest of Scotland was in bed with its wife - or somebody.

If they want to have copyright restrictions that separate folks, forget 'em.

Rob
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 17, 2019, 06:10:53 pm
Yeh, Radio Caroline.  And Radio Luxembourg. Wonderful additions to the world's music supply.  And just the media for a nineteen year old on his first foray to Europe in 1966.

https://petercmclennan.com/2018/10/29/hopping-a-freighter-to-europe/


Best country music line ever?

"Thank God and Greyhound she's gone!"  :)



Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Rob C on September 21, 2019, 02:42:07 pm
I think this one trumps (forgive me) it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKjzolqJwgY
Title: Re: Ken Burns Country Music Photography
Post by: Peter McLennan on September 21, 2019, 04:58:47 pm
I think this one trumps (forgive me) it:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKjzolqJwgY

Pretty good, gotta admit.