Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Pouln on September 15, 2019, 12:16:39 pm

Title: HP Z3200 printer utility or actually Color Center woes - solved
Post by: Pouln on September 15, 2019, 12:16:39 pm
Today I wanted to start the profiling of a new paper.
So I went in the Printer Utility to the Color Center tab, clicked on Paper preset management and then on Color Measurement.
Nothing happened and when I clicked somewhere in the frame I got a No response warning in the title bar.
Only thing I could do was close the Color Center application.
Turns out that no of the option within Color Center are functioning.

Some weeks ago I managed to print the 1700 or so profile for a paper I wanted to calibrate, but that is now impossible.

I am running version 1.17.0.3 of the printer utility on a Windows 10 X64 pc.

I uninstalled the printer utility and re-installed it to no avail.

Looking for help as I have more papers that I want to profile.

Any help is welcome
Title: Re: HP Z3200 printer utility or actually Color Center woes
Post by: azmike on September 15, 2019, 04:17:02 pm
When the Color Center becomes unresponsive on my (Windows) system, I shut the Z3200 down, unplug the power and wait a bit.  After the Z3200 restart the Color Center works properly.   Certainly different firmware versions, communication methods and Utility versions may respond differently.

Hope this helps.

Mike Coffey
Prescott, Arizona
Title: Re: HP Z3200 printer utility or actually Color Center woes
Post by: Pouln on September 15, 2019, 04:44:23 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. Will try it and report back here.
Title: Re: HP Z3200 printer utility or actually Color Center woes
Post by: Pouln on September 15, 2019, 07:02:11 pm
Restarted the printer and, yes, everything back to normal.
Thanks again, Mike