Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Ray on September 15, 2019, 09:38:39 am
-
Some time ago I used to get a bit of fun copying a selection from one image, such as a face, and pasting it onto another image. I would then use the 'hand tool' to reposition the pasted selection to the exact spot I wanted it to be.
When I attempted to do this just recently, using both Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6, I was unable to move the selection, even though the layers had not been flattened. Something appears to have changed with the constant upgrades to Photoshop.
Can someone please advise me how I can now do this. Is there some new setting I have to enable?
-
The hand tool never did this. (It moves the whole image in the window if its scale makes it larger than your monitor.) The pointer (āvā on the keyboard) is what you want.
-
Thanks. The pointer plus 'v' on the keyboard. It works. However, I simply can't remember ever using that method a few years ago. I felt sure I had used the hand tool.
My God! Is this the first signs of Alzheimer's? :D
-
For better control of the movements, try using the cursor keys.
Ctrl-Shift + cursor key for larger movements (10 px per click)
Ctrl + cursor key for finer movements (1 px per click)
-
For better control of the movements, try using the cursor keys.
Ctrl-Shift + cursor key for larger movements (10 px per click)
Ctrl + cursor key for finer movements (1 px per click)
Ctrl? ā On a Mac, you just use the cursor keys for 1px movements, and then add Shift for 10px movements.
-
Ctrl? ā On a Mac, you just use the cursor keys for 1px movements, and then add Shift for 10px movements.
Thank you. The OP didn't say whether he was using a Mac. I'm obviously not. :o
-
On a Mac, if the Move tool is not selected, CMD + cursor keys will allow the object to be moved.
-
On a Mac, if the Move tool is not selected, CMD + cursor keys will allow the object to be moved.
It's the same on a PC and a Mac. The only difference is that the Ctrl key is called Cmd on a Mac. Are we clear now?
-
It's the same on a PC and a Mac. The only difference is that the Ctrl key is called Cmd on a Mac. Are we clear now?
Yup, I learnt something - thank you! (Previously I'd select the Move tool, and then use the cursor keys, but now I've realised that selecting the Move tool is not necessary.)
-
Yup, I learnt something - thank you! (Previously I'd select the Move tool, and then use the cursor keys, but now I've realised that selecting the Move tool is not necessary.)
Yes. Another convenient shortcut is space bar for the hand tool.