Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => Landscape Showcase => Topic started by: Bob_B on September 14, 2019, 09:49:30 am
-
A few years ago, my next-door neighbors gave me some spider lily (Lycoris radiata) bulbs that are native to the southern US. I planted the bulbs and forgot about the plants. Nothing appeared in the following year, and I thought them dead. In the second year after planting, I noticed some leaves that I thought might be from the bulbs, but the plants never flowered. And then this year literally out of nowhere and in the span of three weeks there emerged leaves, stems, and finally these beautiful, delicate china red flowers. Aren’t they sweet?
Regrettably, the flowers are starting to wilt after only a few days, so I am happy to have captured them when I did.
C&C welcomed, and thanks for viewing.
-
Superb shapes and colors. I also like the soft light.
Well seen and photographed!
-
Thank you Francois