Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: petermfiore on August 31, 2019, 11:36:56 am

Title: Bridal Veil...
Post by: petermfiore on August 31, 2019, 11:36:56 am
Bridal Veil...



Peter
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: RSL on August 31, 2019, 11:46:10 am
Very nice, Peter.
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: John R on August 31, 2019, 02:00:49 pm
Keen eye. Wonderful Peter.

JR
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on August 31, 2019, 02:23:44 pm
Once again, the artist's eye is more important than the camera's lens.
Very fine, Peter.
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: petermfiore on August 31, 2019, 04:47:41 pm
Thank you Russ, John, and Eric, for taking a look and your thoughts.


Peter
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: rabanito on August 31, 2019, 05:17:09 pm
Great, but unsettling, imho.
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: Arlen on August 31, 2019, 05:22:08 pm
I like it too, Peter. Especially that I have to look at it for a bit to figure out what it is.
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: petermfiore on August 31, 2019, 06:19:39 pm
Great, but unsettling, imho.

That's a great comment. That's what I was after. Thank you for your voice.

Peter
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: Rob C on September 01, 2019, 10:26:58 am
Very striking; I doubt anyone could plan it.

Rob
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: stamper on September 01, 2019, 10:31:10 am
Finely executed.
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: Rob C on September 01, 2019, 12:57:09 pm
Finely executed.

No; that's Andres Serrano.

:-)
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: petermfiore on September 01, 2019, 02:16:02 pm
Very striking; I doubt anyone could plan it.

Rob
Rob.

You are correct. It's my daughter, 14 years ago or so. We all went to an art exhibition. The exhibition was the "best" of high school art in the county.

I was the first in our group to exit the building and noticed a rather strong sustaining wind. I turned around and waited for my daughter. She has always worn her hair long, and I knew it might want to fly. She emerged and the wind did it's thing. One shot was all I was able grab, Before I heard DaaaaaaaaaaaD!!!!!

Interesting this image has been sitting on my desktop folder"Family" for quite some time. It became important just now. You see my daughter is getting married just three weeks from today. Looking at this image a couple of days ago, it now has a meaning for me. A very specific one. I often go back to images and a new take sometimes will surface. Mostly not.

That's another difference for me, between painting and photography.




Peter
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: Rob C on September 01, 2019, 03:20:51 pm
Peter, wish her well from me and, I'm sure  the rest of us here.

Aother pilgimage to La Sicilia? That's where my legal eagle granddaughter went recently on honeymoon: they loved it.

Rob
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: petermfiore on September 01, 2019, 03:31:38 pm
Peter, wish her well from me and, I'm sure  the rest of us here.

Aother pilgimage to La Sicilia? That's where my legal eagle granddaughter went recently on honeymoon: they loved it.

Rob

Thank you Rob. No Sicily Honeymoon for this couple.  They will be heading to Hawaii for their honeymoon. They live in LA . The wedding is being held here on the East coast. Since all of both sides of the families are here.

Both my kids, in one three month period, getting married. Is it 2020 yet?

Peter
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: Rob C on September 01, 2019, 03:50:57 pm
Thank you Rob. No Sicily Honeymoon for this couple.  They will be heading to Hawaii for their honeymoon. They live in LA . The wedding is being held here on the East coast. Since all of both sides of the families are here.

Both my kids, in one three month, getting married. Is it 2020 yet?

Peter

2020? No, it just feels like it!

:-)
Title: Re: Bridal Veil...
Post by: petermfiore on September 01, 2019, 03:54:04 pm
2020? No, it just feels like it!

:-)

We feel all of it!