Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tgphoto on November 19, 2006, 01:23:00 pm
-
I recently acquired an Epson R1800 that someone was throwing away because it had a problem loading sheet paper and they simply didn't have the time or energy to take it to a shop.
Was hoping someone might have a clue as to what could be causing the loading problem, and if you think it's worth it to take it to a repair shop and have them fix it.
R1800 owners - have any of you experienced problems with the loading mechanism not catching paper as it is fed into the printer? Any ideas?
Thanks!
Tim
-
A classic Epson problem. I've thrown away at least 3 Epsons for this reason. Frequently, it's a dirty friction roller or rollers. Epson used to provide semi-sticky sheets of media for cleaning purposes and it *sometimes* worked. Other times, it's just plain infuriating. My $2500 4800 mis-loads from the paper tray frequently enough that I have to single sheet feed it.
Since you have nothing to lose, I suggest taking things apart. I was able to solve some issues on desktop printers by brute force, once I saw what was causing the problem.
Sorry I'm no help.
Peter